It's only through the support of our volunteers and donors that we are able to give back to our communities. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful change in your community.
As a Y volunteer, you'll gain skills and connections that can help you advance your career. Plus, you'll be part of a community dedicated to strengthening you, your family and your community. So join us! We could use someone like you.
For more information about volunteering at your branch, contact:
- Northern District (Northwest Family YMCA, North Area Family YMCA)
Tess Kenney, 315-303-5966 x212
- Eastern District (Hal Welsh East Area Family YMCA, Manlius YMCA, Camp Iroquois)
Kelly Carinci, 315-637-2025 x204
- Downtown YMCA
Harlan Dunn, 315-474-6851 x308
- Southwest YMCA
Jack Korzyp, 315-498-2873
- Arts Branch
Phil Memmer, 315-474-6851 x328
VOLUNTEERS OF THE Y
- Lead our boards of directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach sports teams and teach classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
- And so much more...
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.