Partners in Health
Your organization wants to be a leader in boosting employee satisfaction and reducing costs, but finding the right combination of programs and services for a healthy workforce can be a challenge.
Research has shown an effective wellness program can have significant impact on a variety of health risk factors including cholesterol, blood pressure, cardiovascular disease and obesity.
The Y makes it easy, with the programs, experts, partnerships and facilities you need to launch a results-driven worksite wellness program.
Having a Corporate Wellness Partnership with the YMCA, companies can provide their employees with a comprehensive wellness program, health education and unprecedented savings on memberships, all of which can improve employee morale, absenteeism and productivity.Our partnership will help your organization and your workforce grow stronger, and that strengthens all of Central New York.
- Access to all 6 YMCA locations throughout Central New York
- Complimentary on-site childcare while using YMCA facility with a Family membership
- Member exclusive rates on youth programs, sports leagues, childcare programs, camps and instructional classes
- Unlimited group exercise classes
- Free Youth and Adult group swim lessons
- Running Program
- Creative writing workshops (Downtown)
- Parent child gym classes
- Family Fun Nights
- Increased attendance- implementing a wellness program reduces absenteeism by reducing the risk of injury, depression, and illness. A wellness program can also reduce stress that employees are experiencing in the workplace, causing them to spend fewer days away from work due to illness.
- Decrease Health Care Costs
- Employers have a vested interest in health-related issues and reducing unnecessary medical costs.
- Improve productivity and mental clarity- Regular exercise routines can make you happier, more productive, more aware and increase energy. Improved employee productivity plays a big role in the success of a company.
- Improve Employee Morale and Retention
- Companies that sponsor an employee wellness program send a clear message to their employees that executive leadership values their overall well-being.
Becoming a Corporate Wellness Employer Partner
- Designate a corporate representative to act as a liaison and assist in communicating benefits to employees.
- Confirm the commitment of at least 10 employees.
- Determine your company's level of financial commitment per employee. The Y will match up to $10/ month per
Comprehensive Programs: We start by listening to your organization's needs. Then, we develop a customized plan to meet those needs. Your organization's plan can include any or all of the following:
Dedicated lifestyle coach to:
- Help break down barriers
- Meet with individuals or groups
- Sit on your wellness committee
- Create employee health challenges
- Administer health screenings
- Act as a direct contact for your employees' needs
- Group exercise instruction
- Outdoor parks fitness classes
- YMCA Running Program
- Triathlon training & clinics
- Beginner Spin
- On-site TRX and Y Fit
- Sport-Specific training
- Stroller Fit
Special Activities & Topics
- 'Lunch & Learn' series on a health topic of your choice
- YMCA diabetes prevention program
- Gender-specific wellness topics
- LiveSTRONG at the YMCA for cancer survivors and Laurie's Hope
- CNY Corporate Games: an 8-week long series of sporting events, wellness challenge, team building and fun
- Corporate sports leagues
- Stress reduction
- Nutritionist visits
- Health screenings
Challenges & Competitions
- Holiday Maintain, Don't Gain
- Departmental Challenges
- Wellness Challenge
- Biggest Winner
- 12 Days of Fitness
- 100 Days of Summer
- Couch to 5K