Child Care Update - August 5, 2020
We’re working to be a resource for your family during this difficult and often confusing time and working on developing plans based off the models being offered by the districts we serve.
If your school is following an A/B rotation plan, we have the following options:
Monthly rates will be available very soon.
- Before School Care - A days OR B days
- After School Care - A days OR B days
- Remote Days - A days OR B days
We will also offer Wednesday Remote Days as a separate add-on. Participants must be registered for either Before School/After School/Remote Days to register for Wednesdays.
We will have more information to come on districts with alternate plans.
- Regular Vacation Days (superintendent's days, school breaks, etc.) will be available for separate registration at a daily rate.
- We have updated our withdrawal deadline to August 26th to give families more time to make plans for the upcoming year. Please refer to our handbook for additional withdrawal policies.
- Remote Days are designed to provide your child the time and space to complete their virtual coursework. Our Y staff may be able to provide some guidance, but we will not be responsible for teaching lessons or monitoring individual progress. These full days will blend time for both virtual learning and engaging program including free play, sports, games, crafts, and STEM activities.
- We will be updating our child care programs in our registration system to reflect these new schedules. Families that are currently registered will be notified when these programs go live and system credits will be issued so you can re-register for a program that best meets your needs.
The YMCA of Central New York is honored to have been able to offer safe child care to our community throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Here are some of the current precautions we are taking:
- Daily health screening for staff and participants
- Mandatory mask-wearing for staff
- Recommended (not required) mask wearing for participants 5 and older
- Maintenance of consistent groups of participants and staff as much as possible
- No sharing of materials or toys between groups
- Enhanced cleaning of program space and materials
- Enhanced focus on hand and respiratory hygiene
We also continue to monitor guidelines as they evolve to make sure we are meeting and exceeding all requirements. Thank you for your patience as we learn more about the plans for each district and secure our staff and space needs accordingly to serve you best.
We offer licensed before and after school programs for K-6 in many districts around Central New York. Our Fun Club programs reinforce positive values in a caring atmosphere, with activities intentionally designed to help kids make friends and grow stronger in mind, body and spirit.
School Districts We Serve
Our School Age Child Care programs are offered in schools and other sites within school districts. The programs are coordinated through our branches.
Baldwinsville, Central Square, East Syracuse-Minoa, Fayetteville-Manlius, Immaculate Conception, Jamesville-Dewitt, Marcellus, North Syracuse, Phoenix, West Genesee, Westhill