The Manlius YMCA offers three indoor tennis courts and three outdoor seasonal courts. We offer a variety of recreational and instructional options for all ages and levels of play.
Adult Tennis Leagues
Available for Juniors and Adults! Lesson packages offered.
Tennis Lessons with Head Tennis Professional: Dave Garzia, Mario Silva, Gyata Stormon, and Paul Laurie.
Tennis Lessons with Staff Tennis Professional: Dave Menter, Mary Dickson and Brendan Reagan
NOTE: Lessons must be scheduled at the time of purchase. Please contact Paul Laurie for lesson pricing and options.
Ages 18+. Please call ahead to reserve your space. Clinics will be limited to one hour if only two participants attend, and half an hour if only one person attends.
Head Tennis Professionals: Dave Garzia, Mario Silva, Gyata Stormon, and Paul Laurie
- Mario Silva - Mondays and Fridays: 7:30 - 9:00 a.m.; Fridays 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Staff Tennis Professionals: Dave Menter and Mary Dickson
Youth Tennis Programs
- Tiny Tykes: Start your child's tennis career here! This class is designed to develop eye-hand coordination and listening skills. It emphasizes group interaction and uses age appropriate equipment. Ages 3-4
- Tiny Tykes 2: Start your child's tennis career here! This class is designed to develop eye-hand coordination and listening skills. It emphasizes group interaction and uses age appropriate equipment. Ages 5-6
- Futures: This class builds racquet skills and basic tennis fundamentals including ground strokes, volley and serve through a variety of activities. Children will learn to rally with each other on a 36-foot court. Ages 7-8
- Futures 60: This class is for 9-11 year old players who can comfortably rally on a 36-foot court. We will continue to focus on tennis fundamentals using progressive tennis balls on a 60-foot court.
- Futures 78: This class completes the transition to full court play (78 foot court) using green dot balls that bounce slightly lower and slower than the standard yellow tennis balls. A greater emphasis is placed on playing singles and doubles games. Ages 9-12
- Junior Aces (Beginner): Appropriate skills are taught with an emphasis on each child reaching their potential. We offer a positive atmosphere and opportunity for improvement. Ages 12-15
- Junior Competitors (Intermediate): This program is for intermediate players who want to raise their level of play, while focusing on consistency, ball placement, improved serves and match strategy. Ages 12-15
- Junior Challengers (Intermediate +): This program is designed for the intermediate/high school level player ages 12 and up who have completes junior competitors or who have had previous playing experience. Drill and match play will be incorporated into this program.
- Please present your YMCA membership card at the member services desk upon arrival.Jogging shoes, running shoes and street shoes will not be permitted on tennis courts because they lack lateral support.
- Please refrain from taking children onto the courts while playing.
- Please provide 24 hour notice when canceling a court.
- Lessons will not be made-up or rescheduled unless six (6) hours notice of cancellation is provided.
- All tennis fees are collected at check in and prior to going on the court.
- There are no refunds, make-ups, or credits for missed classes in programs.
- The YMCA has the right to make changes to policies, procedures and/or fees at any time.
Prime Time Child Care
- Utilize our Prime Time Child Care during your sessions to play tennis, pickleball, or to work out!
- Monday - Tuesday: 8:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.; 6-8 p.m.
- Wednesday - Friday: 8:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday: Closed