We offer a variety of recreational and instructional options for all ages and levels of play at our Manlius YMCA!
Youth Tennis Programs
- Tiny Tykes: Start your child's tennis career here! This class is designed to develop eye-hand coordination and listening skills. It emphasizes group interaction and uses age appropriate equipment. Ages 3-4
- Tiny Tykes 2: Start your child's tennis career here! This class is designed to develop eye-hand coordination and listening skills. It emphasizes group interaction and uses age appropriate equipment. Ages 5-6
- Futures: This class builds racquet skills and basic tennis fundamentals including ground strokes, volley and serve through a variety of activities. Children will learn to rally with each other on a 36-foot court. Ages 7-8
- Futures 60: This class is for 9-11 year old players who can comfortably rally on a 36-foot court. We will continue to focus on tennis fundamentals using progressive tennis balls on a 60-foot court.
- Futures 78: This class completes the transition to full court play (78 foot court) using green dot balls that bounce slightly lower and slower than the standard yellow tennis balls. A greater emphasis is placed on playing singles and doubles games. Ages 9-12
- Junior Aces (Beginner): Appropriate skills are taught with an emphasis on each child reaching their potential. We offer a positive atmosphere and opportunity for improvement. Ages 12-15
- Junior Competitors (Intermediate): This program is for intermediate players who want to raise their level of play, while focusing on consistency, ball placement, improved serves and match strategy. Ages 12-15
- Junior Challengers (Intermediate +): This program is designed for the intermediate/high school level player ages 12 and up who have completes junior competitors or who have had previous playing experience. Drill and match play will be incorporated into this program.
PLACEMENT EVALUATION: If your child is new to our program, please schedule a free 15 minute evaluation so we can assess and properly place your child in our tennis programs. Schedule an evaluation with Paul Laurie at (315) 692-4777, ext.206.
*NOTE: WE REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 4 STUDENTS PER CLASS
For Spring I programming information, click here.
To register, click here.